Before you export a simulation model from AnyLogic to Pathmind, you should run through a checklist to confirm that your model has what it needs to work. If it doesn't work in AnyLogic, it will not work in Pathmind.
1. Make sure Pathmind Helper is enabled.
Enabled checkbox must be selected in the Pathmind Helper properties for Pathmind to run.
2. Run your model with random actions.
Running the model with random actions will give you a very cursory baseline of how your model performs without optimization and show you that the basic mechanics of the model are working. To do so, select the
Use Random Actions radio button in the Pathmind Helper and run the simulation.
3. Make sure you are triggering actions correctly in your model and make sure that your simulation ends.
Running Pathmind in Debug Mode is an efficient way to make sure both the event trigger and done condition are working properly. Run the simulation and toggle the Developer Panel. If everything is correctly set up, the values under Pathmind should update as the simulation runs.
Step will change as actions occurs, indicating that you are making progress through the episode, and
Done will become
true when the simulation ends.
4. Run your model at virtual speed.
Finally, run your simulation model at virtual speed to confirm the following:
- There are no AnyLogic errors.
- Take note of the total steps in your simulation as mentioned above. This will give you a sense of how much training you will be able to fit into a Pathmind run.
- Time how long it takes for the simulation to complete at virtual speed. The longer it takes in AnyLogic, the longer it will take in Pathmind to train. Keep your simulations as short as possible without degrading the integrity of your model.
Again, if your simulation does not work in AnyLogic Professional, it will not work in Pathmind, so following these steps will help you successfully upload and train simulation models in Pathmind.